Th 4, 16 thg 3|
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Southeast Asia Development Symposium 2022
Time & Location
08:30 GMT+7, 16 thg 3, 2022 – 17:00 GMT+7, 17 thg 3, 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will hold the Southeast Asia Development Symposium (SEADS) 2022—Sustainable Solutions for Southeast Asia’s Recovery, on 16-17 March.
As countries in Southeast Asia continue to grapple with the severe economic, health, and social impacts of the COVID-19 crisis, SEADS 2022 gathers a power-packed lineup of thought leaders, decision makers, and insight influencers to discuss new insights, innovative solutions and policy responses that can help Southeast Asian nations “build back better” and rebound from the pandemic.
To be held virtually, SEADS 2022 aims to help countries find novel ways to address debilitating supply chain bottlenecks; rejuvenate the region’s once-flourishing tourism industry; and advance digital transformation.
It will also examine new opportunities that can take the region beyond business as usual by helping countries enhance domestic resource mobilization, find green and environmentally sustainable pathways, expand inclusivity for the poor and other vulnerable groups, and promote equality and greater opportunities for women.
The event features high-level plenary, panel discussions, and workshops that open to the media and the public.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Masatsugu Asakawa, President, Asian Development Bank
• Indranee Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office; Second Minister for Finance; Second Minister for National Development, Singapore
• Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, Secretary of Tourism, Philippines
• Benjamin Diokno, Governor, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
• Sofia Sineiro, Secretary General, CARE International
• Hooi Ling Tan, Co-Founder, Grab
• Kate Brandt, Chief Sustainability Officer, Google
• Shamina Singh, Executive Vice-President for Sustainability, Mastercard; Founder and President, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth
• Liz Ortiguera, CEO, Pacific-Asia Travel Association (PATA)
• Caecilia Chu, Co-Founder and CEO, YouTrip
• Lauren Sorkin, Executive Director, Resilient Cities Network
More big names will be announced soon.
The first day of SEADS 2022 will feature an open morning plenary with (i) keynote addresses from the ADB President, and other esteemed government and industry leaders; (ii) a special high-level panel discussion focused on “Building Back Better through Inclusive Solutions”; and (iii) the launch of a new ADB report, Southeast Asia: Rising from the Pandemic. The first day’s afternoon agenda will feature six sessions reflecting SEADS 2022 priority topics on green recovery; tourism revitalization; the advancement of innovation and technology; addressing supply chain constraints; advancing gender equality; and ensuring Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) financing.
The second morning of SEADS 2022 will focus on “Revitalizing Tourism and Ensuring Cities’ Sustainable Future.” It will feature thought-provoking keynote speakers and two special plenary sessions on (i) “Driving an Inclusive Tourism Recovery in Southeast Asia” and (ii) “the Future of Sustainable Cites: Mayors’ Perspective.” The final afternoon of SEADS 2022 will feature (i) COVID-19 Vaccine Development and Challenges Update; (ii) partner deep-dive workshops; and (iii) an invitation-only Southeast Asia Policy Roundtable for government leaders in Southeast Asia to share and discuss policy responses for post-COVID-19 recovery.
For more details, visit the SEADS 2022 Page: https://seads.adb.org/symposium/2022